Zum Zirkelwirt


The Zirkelwirt was first mentioned in 1647 and is still a very popular inn on Papagenoplatz in the Kaiviertel in downtown Salzburg.

In 1647 the restaurant was called Gulden Zirkhl, in 1686 it was called Golden Zjerggl. Because of the archbishop's beer monopoly, beer was served from the Kalten Brauhaus am Kai and later from the Hofbräu Kaltenhausen. The house was completely destroyed by a bomb attack on October 16, 1944, but rebuilt in 1950 and now houses a restaurant again.

The new innkeeper Roland Gruber and his team build on familiar traditions and offer home-style cooking with real student specials.

Zum Zirkelwirt

Pfeifergasse 14
5020 Salzburg Stadt

+43 (0)662842796
office (at) zumzirkelwirt.at

8 Nearby Accommodations (ca. 1000 m)